of the creation of Pont Sully emerges in the years 1860, under the aegis
of Haussmann, in order to mitigate the insecurity of the footbridges of
Damiette and Constantine become obsolete. It connects the point of the
island Saint-Louis to the Saint-Bernard quays and Célestins. Work
begins in 1873, under the direction of engineers Vaudrey & Brosselin,
and the bridge is inaugurated in 1877. The large arm is articulated on
3 cast iron arches, and the small arm is consisted a cast iron arch, enclosed
between 2 arches of masonry.