under the second Empire (between 1852 and 1853), and baptized Pont Napoleon
III, it is called Pont National after 1870. It is the first bridge under
which the Seine enters Paris (except for the bridge of the peripheral).
In 1936, the width is considered to be insufficient, and the project of
doubling of the bridge is born, under the direction of engineer NETTER.
It is doubled by the construction of an identical structure built upstream.
Work is acheevés in 1953, afterwards of multiple interruptions
due to the war.