The Pont d'Iéna
is the first bridge carried out the shortly after the victory of Napoleon
with Iéna in 1806.
the colline de Chaillot and the Champs de Mars, it directly connects Trocadéro
to the Eiffel Tower. Work spreads out between 1808 and 1814, and is the
financial responsibility of the State. It is composed of 5 arches of 28
meters each one and is carried out in masonry. It quickly becomes insufficient
in comparison with circulation and of work of widening are undertaken: its
width passes then from 19 to 35 meters. With its four corners, sculptures
of warriors are there.