It suffers serious
damage by the floods throughout its history.
of its houses about 1765, it is partially rebuilt in 1853. The Pont Notre-Dame
is then most dangerous of the Seine and its central master key is baptized
by the boatmen "the arch of the devil". The three central arches
of the bridge are replaced by only one metal arch of 60 meters built between
1910 and 1914 pennies the direction of engineer Résal. The two arches
of the bridge of 1853 of an opening of 50 m both, were preserved.