has the strange privilege to bear a name which one does not know really
1854, the decision is taken to replace the cast iron footbridge built since
1828 and which connected the place of the strike (today place of the Town
hall) to the island of the city. It is carried out in a single arch, of
a range of 80 meters, which is, for the time, a real technological exploit
and a first in France. Work is undertaken by engineer Oudry. In 1888, work
of consolidation is undertaken following a depression of the bridge of 20
cm. Then in 1994, its apron will be the subject of large work of restoration.